Friday, June 28, 2013

Julie's Card......


 
 
 
Happy Birthday Card
Image


I loved how the painted brick effect turned out on my Sketch LO  (below) for this month - (don't forget play along!) So I decided to create a card using the same materials.
Asher's boys.
Image


 Creating the card:

Gather up a collection of LO leftovers to use
Image
 

 
Once I had cut my card front base I used some paint and my Prima brick mask to create my background. As I am one for forgetting to wash out brushes after use and they end up dry and crusty I will use a scrap of cardstock as a scrapper of sorts to apply my paint.
Image
 

I wasn't able to use the exact flowers and leaves on my card as I didn't have any of them left So being resourceful the leaves were a tad too bright but with a bit of inking it toned them down.
Image
 

Then I had to decide just what other elements to use, and  decided to go with the flower and leaf spray, old paper and the string tied through a punched out rectangle.
Image
Image
 

Using
Pink paislee Hope chest 6x6 pad On card and layout
Prima Life time flowers and Perles leaves On card and layout
Jillibean soup alphabeans On layout

Maybe next time you have finished of a layout and instead of putting your scraps and leftovers aside,  you could to create a card or two.
 
Click HERE to play along with the Sketch Challenge
 
 
 

1 comment:

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous your good at this.. very nice work