Thursday, August 8, 2013

Deb's Patchwork ATC

 
 
After having a play with bits and pieces on my sketch layout this month, I decided I would make a little patchwork background for my ATC.

Image

Using a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of paper I divided it into half and then went from corner to corner on each half to create a little patchwork pattern. I numbered the pieces.

Image

Image

From there I cut out the paper pieces and then using 4 different patterns from the Echo Park Beautiful Life borders paper, I cut 2 pieces from each pattern - you could be careful and cut the same pieces to match the top and bottom halves but I just cut whatever and enjoyed the surprise at the end. Remember to mark your pieces on the back when you cut them out.

Image

I inked the edges of each piece in black versa colour ink.

Image

and started putting it all back together again onto a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of card.

Image

Image

Image

From the Echo Park Beautiful Life borders paper I cut out this little doily.

Image

and then like this........inking the edges of the outside border and popping the little butterfly onto some black card.
Image

When I cut out the matt around the butterfly I included some feelers on my way around the butterfly.....

Image

I divided up the outside border part and attached it to my ATC like this.......

Image

and then trimmed it up .....

Image

added some torn Darice washi tape pieces.....

Image

I then doodled on some "stitching" and re-inked the outside edge in black.

Image

Added some alphas and outlined their edge to make them stand out.......

Image

Gave them some dots and attached my little butterfly (I coated her in dimensional magic as well)

Image

and there you have it. You don't need to be too concerned if all your little patches don't match up exactly because by the time you add all the little extras, they're barely noticeable.
 
 
Don't forget to take part in August's Sketch!!! 




No comments: